Monday, August 13, 2007

The Tao of Racist Environmentalism

David Suzuki: Loves the Environment, Hates Chinese People


The following conversation is real, it occurred between Peter "the Franchise" Ng and Canadian Environmentalist, and world renound scientist, Dr. David Suzuki.


(Setting: Outside a Mexican Resturaunt in Downtown Toronto)


P"tF"N: Excuse me, are you Dr. David Suzuki?


Dr. DS: Yes......Are you chinese?


P"tF"N: Yes


Dr. DS: (Ominous silence)


(After returning to the kitchen, Peter "the Franchise" Ng has been convinced by a co-worker to as the man once voted the 4th greatest Canadian of all time by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to take a picture with him)


P"tF"N: Sir, do you mind if I take a picture with you?


Dr. DS: Thats very unprofessional, wouldn't you say?


P"tF"N: Well, this is my last day here


Dr. DS: So basically you don't give a shit (yes he actually swore)


P"tF"N: (Politely smiles, despite the insult)


Dr. DS: So are you taking the picture or not?


(The picture is then begrudgingly taken, both parties are left unsatisfied by the encounter)







1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Tracey said...

I met him in person and had a similar experience. I was his biggest fan, had all his books and even a stupid tee-shirt with his face on it. He was rude and condescending, he really hurt my feelings and I was heartbroken because he was my hero. I went home and cried for a couple of days.

No more naivety! We can't all live the Suzuki Dream.

Since my awful encounter I have since found work in the mining industry and I am very happy there. In a way the realization that this man is a jerk freed me to explore options I would never have considered otherwise on ethical grounds alone. So for me there exists a silver lining to that awful dark cloud encounter.

Your 'Legacy', Dr. S, is in the young Canadians who will shape this world after you die.

By the way, I'm Caucasian. He's not racist, he's just a mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home